Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Book Trailers

I don't know about you, but I like love book trailers.  It's so irritating that so many sites are blocked at school -- I can't find them during the day when I'm at work!  So, I come home, and find them on youtube.  Then I save them so I can share them with my students.  There are great sites for this that make it so easy.  Zamzar is the one our county used to recommend.  I don't think our tech person offered an explanation, she just told us that another site was somehow "better."  Unfortunately, I can't remember which they said for us to use.  Not that it matters, since I'm doing it at home on my personal computer...  But at any rate, there are several sites available for this.  Today I'm using KeepVid.

Do you make book trailers?  I've made trailers myself for about half the books on my Battle of the Books list.  Due to a lack of time (and the fact that I still haven't even had a chance to READ all of the books) I'm using some that others have created.

I want to teach my team members to make trailers this year, too.  And to do book talks.  I've also got a group of 12 second graders that I'll be mentoring.  Most of them are boys who aren't particularly interested in reading, so I'm hoping that teaching them to do "cool" stuff with what they read will make it better for them.  I've already set up a blog for them to use to write about books.  I have a schooltube channel, and an animoto account.  I need to add photostory to the computers they'll be using, as well, if I'm going to try that. I think they'll like narrating their own book trailers, as opposed to just typing words like they'll have to do with animoto.

Well, back to my search...

No comments:

Post a Comment