Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Sister Library Project

Yesterday I received this book from a librarian in Paris who organizes the Sister Library program I joined a couple years ago:

My Favorite Book by Amy Reggio

It's an absolutely gorgeous book, filled with amazing pictures.  Not only can you see these beautiful young people with their favorite books, but you can see the world they live in.  In the background you can see the other villagers, their homes, children farming, their library of books we would have long-since weeded...

At any rate, this books is the inspiration for a Sister Library activity I agreed to do with another library in Malawi.  We are going to recreate this book with our students, and they will recreate it with theirs.  Then we will exchange copies of our books.  I'm so excited!!

For anyone interested, you can read more about the program HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment