Thursday, November 21, 2013

QR Codes!!

I was looking for something cool and exciting to keep the kids entertained in the library as they're wound up about the upcoming holidays. We've got all these iPads sitting around not being used, so I thought of trying QR codes. I figured it would thrill the kids and would let me introduce them to the teachers, as well.  Guess what...   It worked!  Teachers who never use the iPads are coming to get them.  A couple asked for my centers so they could do them too.  The kids don't have time to do them all in the library, so it's great!

To see what I did, just grab your smart phone, touch, or tablet and scan this!
That should take you to my Google Drive file. It was mostly just an intro to using the iPads and the app to the K-1 kiddoes.  Second graders liked scanning the codes, but it was like pulling teeth to get them to actually do the accompanying tasks. The 3rd through 5th graders were awesome though!!!

Time to sit down with my mug of mulled wine and browse Pinterest for some holiday ideas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment