Thursday, October 25, 2012

Hoorays and Hurricanes

There is a hurricane hitting this weekend, and I had no idea until about 3:30 today.  Where have I been, living in a bubble?  Although, with a sigh of relief, I see that weather.com says it's going to hit New England, not here.  SO...  probably just a windy, rainy Saturday -- no big deal.  I'll be at work anyway -- can't even enjoy it.

It's been a very busy week for me, actually, so I'm not entirely surprised I missed the big news.  I teach reading and acceleration all morning, followed by back-to-back (and sometimes overlapping!) classes all day, and character education at the end of the day.  I had a meeting after school Tuesday that kept me there till after 5.  In the evenings, after I cook dinner, feed the dogs, clean the house, run errands, I've been working on lesson plans, playing on Twitter, catching up on the blogs I follow, and trying to finish reading Under the Dome by Stephen King.  I've only got about 60 more pages to go!  I'm enjoying it, but I've just taken forever to get through it and I'm anxious to move on to something else.

But, tomorrow's Friday, so all is well.

I actually don't know why I like Fridays so much.  It must just be force of habit or something...  Fridays are crazy-busy for me -- I've got back-to-back classes all day, no assistant most of the day, and when I'm done with that, I pick up my daughter from school, head home to throw on a pair of jeans, and head back out the door to my 2nd job where I work the 5-10 shift.  By the time I get home it's nearly 11 and I'm wiped out.  I need to just get cleaned up, crawl into bed, and get some sleep so I can get up in the morning and get back to work...

Yep, there definitely must be something wrong with me.  I love them regardless.  :)

I did manage to finish a prezi last night.  I've messed with it a few times, but hadn't actually ever FINISHED making anything I've started.  We are required to teach cybersafety lessons in my county in accordance with a grant we receive.  I took the plan from one of the required lessons and just put it in a prezi just to help guide the discussion.



I'm working on one for my 2-3 classes now, but my laptop crashed while I was working on it after school today, so I gave up for now.

Alrighty...  I guess I should call it a night.  I've still got a lot to do before I can crawl into bed to hopefully finish my book tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment