Thursday, May 23, 2013

Home Early!!

It's 2:44 pm on a Thursday afternoon, and my butt is HOME!  Our local Rotary Club hosted a luncheon today, featuring Dr. Lee Craig who wrote a wonderful biography titled Josephus Daniels:  His Life and Times.  This was a man I'd never heard of, who came from right here in my neck of the woods, and WOW! The impact he had on the country -- always in the background!  It was an amazing lecture, I was fascinated.

Other than that, my morning had been spent testing and working on Battle of the Books questions for next year.  I'm currently reading Ungifted by Gordon Korman.  Another enjoyable read!!  I'm really pleased with this year's selections thus far.  :)

Well, with that being said, I should run off.  I need to pick my daughter up from school and run back into town to meet my parents.  They're passing through on their way to Minnesota from Florida and wanted to take us to dinner tonight to celebrate my mom's birthday, which is tomorrow.  So much for being home early...  But it was nice while it lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment