Monday, September 30, 2013

More processing...

I spent most of today processing more books and a couple boxes of video tapes. They were $35 a piece when she bought them and were still in the shrink wrap.


This is most of them.  And yes, that one in the front is a video about his to use a card catalog. Needless to say, I didn't add it to my collection.

Here's another find:



It's an old Webster's dictionary from the 40s. Check it out!  $23.75 for a book that's 3,208 pages long!!  It's falling apart and yucky, but it's so cool!  My principal wants to find a glass case so we can protect and preserve it.  Obviously I didn't barcode that either, but it would be a cool display.

Other than that, today was slow. I only had 2 classes scheduled, and only one of them showed. We had a constant stream of kids checking out though. Operations still haven't come for the crap taking up 1/4 of my library and the book fair should be here Wednesday. It's crunch time and I'm starting to wonder if I'm gonna have to set up in a hallway instead. :(   My sister-school does it that way, but how do you secure anything?  There are after school programs.  Maybe I'll call her tomorrow to ask about it.





No comments:

Post a Comment