Monday, September 9, 2013

Check this out!

We are off and running in the Media Center.  We hosted a school-wide hearing screening Tuesday, then I had pretty much back-to-back orientation classes the rest of the week.  THIS is how I'm used to doing things:


My plans did end up varying somewhat.  Kinders heard Book!  Book!  Book! and Manners in the Library.  First graders heard a the additional story The Library Doors by Toni Buzzeo and had a lot of fun.  I was able to show both grades the Can you teach my alligator manners at the library? video as well.  2nd and 3rd went as planned...  4th and 5th only got the scavenger hunt -- there wasn't time (or need) for a story, as well.  But everything went really well.  The kids are great and eager to get books, and did a great job in class.

Today is the first day of all-day open checkout, and my assistant's not here.  They all come from their classes as the same times that I have classes signed up.  It's been a little noisier than I'd like, and the kids have had to be patient, but it's going fairly well.  I'm not as solidly booked so far this week, as you can see:


And I have to find out where the grade levels are going to be meeting so I can attend their PLCs and find out what they want/need from me.  Other than that...  I'm still processing new books, cleaning up, and trying to get things straight in the media center in the downtimes.  

Wish me luck!  I'll have another class of kids swoop in soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment