Friday, June 7, 2013

And they're off!!

The last day of school has finally come....  and gone.  :)

Pre-K graduation was adorable, as always.  4th Grade's graduation was nice.  The only mar on it was the fight out in front of the school, but that was Pre-K parents.  Someone was blocked in and highly upset about it.  My principal had to interrupt the 4th grade program to ask a couple of our male staff members to head out front to break it up.  She also had to ask a couple parents to move their vehicles.

The parents at my school have real issues with their parking.  They're forever parking in the drop off lane and block it, or they'll double park in the parking lot and block people in, instead of parking in one of the available spaces.  Today there may not have been spaces, thus the blocking in, but normally there are spaces available, they're just being lazy!  This is a daily thing, and we have parents coming to blows in the parking lot at least once a month over it.

But after all that, we sent the rest of the children home at 1, and were permitted to leave to head home ourselves at 1:30.  It's so nice to be home by 2:00 on a Friday -- I actually have some time to relax before I head to work for Job #2.  Usually I rush home to hop into a pair of jeans and run right back out the door to be there by 5.

So for next week...  I'll be checking in the teachers' equipment and signing their checklists...  But, more importantly, I hope to get some more of my lessons done for next year so I don't have to drag all that stuff home with me.  A church group that reads with our kids gave me a $25 gift certificate to B&N, so I'll try to order some of the books I'd like for the lessons...  Like a copy of The Librarian from the Black Lagoon.

If only we didn't have Tropical Storm Andrea to contend with -- today would be a glorious day.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment