Thursday, June 13, 2013

Belly Up

It's my last day of school (a workday) until next year -- YAY!!!   We actually have one more workday tomorrow, but I took leave because my daughter and I have a court subpoena to testify against that woman that attacked my child in school.  I don't think I wrote about that... 

But anyway, I thought I'd share the work I've been doing.  I've read 3 of the Elementary Battle of the Books selections thus far.  I'll share my questions in case anyone else needs to use them.  They're just Google Docs I'll share the link to.

Today's book:  Belly Up by Stuart Gibbs. 

 
This book is hilarious!  The kids are going to love it!  I am going to booktalk this one to get them interested in being on the team.  What 9 year old kid will choose NOT to read a book filled with hippo poo, exploding carcasses, danger, adventure, and a mystery to solve??
Here is the link to my questions:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/12dfvu76J_NRbnhZfxXWMqZ-75TgvJMkIicS0TzpQRYM/edit?usp=sharing

Hope this helps!   I decided that instead of wasting my time reading and having the kids write lousy questions, I'd start off with a database of my OWN questions.  Since the books often repeat, once I have the questions saved, I'll never have to write more.  I can just add any good ones the kids come up with. 

So that's today's book.  I'll post another soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment