Wednesday, June 5, 2013

179 down, 1-1/2 to go...

This has been a VERY busy week.  We started off with a rain-delay on our Field Day/Fun Day events.  I was involved with the actual Field Day festivities, so I didn't really pay too much attention to who was or wasn't having their Fun Day...  (Fun Day are the non-competitive games.)

Kindergarten missed their Monday morning fun, but we did manage to get through all of first grade and most of the 3rd grade events before the rain got to be too much and we had to call it quits.  I spent the rest of Monday working inside the school.  I can't honestly recall what I was doing, but I was out and about in the school working on something.  LOL, I'm so ready for summer vacation!!

Tuesday we started off with Kindergarten Field Day make-up, then we finished the last 3 events the 3rd grade had missed on Monday.  In the meantime, the rest of the school was beginning their Inflatable City fun.  We finished just in time to go help with the school-wide BBQ.  After that, I had to go take pictures of classes for an end-of-the-year slideshow for the teachers.

Wednesday I finished the pictures, then hurried outside to help with 2nd and 4th grade's field day adventures.  I was amazed...  After like 16 years of this, one particular teacher still has no clue how to set up her class for any of the games.  For instance, there are 7 kids on the tug-of-war team.  Her paper had lines for 7 names.  It said "7 boys" (and in another spot there was a girls' team of 7).  She wrote down 5 names.  She lined up 9 kids.  I told her she needed 7.  She looked at them.  She counted.  She looked at her names on her sheet.  She counted her names.  She counted her kids again.  She looked at me blankly and said, "I just don't know what to do."  Smh.  I picked the 2 smallest kids and told them to go sit down.  Really??  How hard was that?

After field day, I helped with the slide show, and we watched enjoyed the K-2 talent show.  Knowing in my heart of hearts that there was absolutely no way the 3-4 talent show could possibly be any more...  stimulating...  heartwarming....  entertaining, I went down to a friend's room to work with her on the slideshow we'd been taking all the pictures for.

We worked on that right up until the bell.

Tomorrow is the awards assemblies, then they'll practice for the 4th grade graduation.  I should have a day in my office to hide from the teacher I mentioned earlier who wants me to help her with a grad school paper (and she's driving me nuts!) and get some more of my lesson plans done for next year hopefully.

Then Friday I'll spend in the graduation ceremony...  And that will be an early release day!  YAY!!  And we're allowed to go home when the kids are gone.  Happy  (belated) Teacher Appreciation Day to us!!  This is our present since all we had money for this year was a keychain (mine broke within 2 days of putting it on my keys).

I'm loving the last week of school, but I still can't wait for it to be over!!  Off to bed for now, though.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment