Thursday, July 18, 2013

Maps are Magic Jeopardy

I've spent the ENTIRE day (holy cow!) working on lesson planning for next year.  I'm about halfway done with all of it.  Whew!

I just spent about an hour (blah!) working on a jeopardy game to go with my Maurader's Map unit I've got planned for my 3rd graders.  Here's what it looks like at the moment:



I was hoping to put it on my Google Drive so I could easily share it, but it doesn't work right on there.  I also think I want to go back and change out the money for points, but we'll see.  The template plays backwards...  It gives a question and the kids just have to give an answer -- where Jeopardy usually gives the answer and you come up with the question.  I wasn't sure if it would confuse the kids so I left it the way it was, but it's not actually a problem to switch the links so it plays the "right" way.  We'll see...  I'll find out before then if the kids are familiar with Jeopardy or not.  I just imagine spending a lot of time saying, "Good, now say it in the form of a question so you can get the points!"  LOL

I've also determined all of my research projects for next year...

K - Author Study of Faith Ringgold (to tie in with Women's History Month)
1 - Weather
2 - Harriet Tubman (African American History Month)
3 - Native American Games (in November, which is when they do a Native American Unit every year).  They will also be researching American Pioneers in April.
4 - Pilgrim Children (in November), and NC in February.

I love love love my Library Sparks book!  This is where I've gotten so many of the great units I plan to try with my kids this year.  I've got a mock Caldecott Unit for 2nd Grade, a mystery unit for 4th grade, and lots of other fun things planned!  I'm so excited about this year.  Fingers crossed that my new principal will actually allow me the time to make it all happen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment