Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Updated 2013-2014 Plans

I'm still working my bootie off on these plans for next year.  I'll share my latest.  You'll notice there are links to all the lessons.  There are some that will be SmartBoard activities.  For these I linked to the actual activity.  And there's a week in which my K-2 kids will be studying authors/illustrators.  I'll introduce with a story by the person I plan to spotlight (David Shannon for the Kinders, for example) and then I'll show them a video interview they have on Scholastic, so I have a link to that.

I've also been recreating the materials to go with the lessons.  Those are also included with, or linked into, my plans for each week.


The last week of December simply says "Christmas Stories."  I'll most likely use stories online at the website We Give Books so the kids can "give back" as they enjoy the stories.  I love using this website.  

I brought home about 10 books with me (2 copies -- mine and the school's -- of some, smh!!) and have been pulling plans from them.  I did, however, plan on using some activities from my Library Brain set, which I didn't bother to bring home with me.  I'll update those weeks in August when I go back to school.  

Anyway, you're welcome to these if they'll help with your library plans.  :)   Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment