Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Still plugging away....

I've been working on writing questions for Dan Gutman's The Homework Machine, and I've finished reading Julie of the Wolves.  I was dreading it -- I remember reading it FOREVER ago and not liking it.  I actually enjoyed it this time, though the end was disheartening...  Anyway, I'll post my Homework Machine questions soon.

I've also been working on my plan for the school  year.  A few posts back I posted a link to the .pdf of the plan.  I've been going back through it, adding links to the activities now to make it more "user friendly."  I started off filling in a template with the applicable common core standards, but I'm thinking it's better to just get the plans done for now, and then I can worry about the templates later.  We're supposed to be getting  new computer program at school this year (PowerSchool) and I think we're expected to put our lesson plans on there.  It has a database of the standards I'll be able to just click on, so I'll just wait and see if I have to do those before spending too much time with formatting now.  Otherwise, I'll go back and stick them in whenever -- the files are on my Google Drive account with clickable links, so when I update them there, it's updated for all to see.

So anyway...  That's another "coming soon."  I've got Kindergarten almost done for the year, and 1st grade's done for the first half.  I'll try to get the worksheets put in (or make some of my own to go with the lessons), too.

If this is helpful to anyone, then it's worth sharing.  I've had new media coordinators ask me what they should be doing.  And I know a lot of them just do story time and checkout.  It's hard to teach if the teachers won't collaborate, but the kids need to learn this stuff.

Wonder if I can link it to the calendar on my webpage....  Hmmmmm....  Now there's an idea... I'll just have to add that to me ever-growing to-do list...

Alrighty...  Back to work!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment