Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Happy Hump Day!

(Insert camel here...  Haha)

I spent the day processing even MORE books...  Yet again. These are all older "new books" that have been sitting on shelves in the office and workroom for years (I've seen them dated as far back as 1994!).   However, I did snap some pics before heading home today.


My fiction section is essentially ready to go. I just have to wait for operations to come collect the overheads that line all my walls...


Still haven't rolled out the carpet...


You'll notice that the library is very compartmentalized at the moment.  I need some graph paper and measurements to figure out how to rearrange it. 


The "easy nonfiction" area...


Two cases of purchase orders that were accidentally taken when my predecessor left were returned at the end of the day today.  


Nonfiction....  Ugh...  I see boxes I missed....

 
Under all this mess is my reference section...  Someday I hope to be able to see it, but first operations has to come for all these discards!!


Another computer station (there's another along the back wall).


Nonfiction...  And have no fear -- that pile of boxes are empty, but the custodians haven't taken my trash out since open house. 


The circulation area is a mess from all the processing we've been working on.


My office...  I'm working on clearing these shelves so I can use the space and the kids can read the books!


This is the workroom.  It was floor to ceiling junk.  No one could walk through here, let alone use this space. I've been working on clearing it out. They want to turn this into a mini computer lab.


Another wall of the workroom...  There was sooooooo much junk piled up with brand new books going as far back as 1994!!!  Such a waste!!!

But, with a little luck, we'll be done soon.  I'm still hoping to get it done "enough" this week to be able to start having the kids come in next week for orientation.  I can always do it in little bits here and there if need be.  :)











No comments:

Post a Comment