Wednesday, August 28, 2013

2 days down... 178 to go!!

Ok...  2 days in and the library still hasn't opened. I'm still getting books and materials processed and everything cleaned up. I REALLY want to consolidate the two nonfiction sections, but I guess it'll have to wait.  That's soooooo disappointing.

So tomorrow will be another day of cleaning and cataloging. And probably Thursday, as well.  I'm hoping that I can spend Friday getting myself ready for classes.

My plans will be mostly just to introduce myself, the library rules and procedures, and get them excited about coming back.  We are switching from NCWise to PowerSchool and they're having issues with the transition. Our kids aren't set up in Destiny with their new classes and grade levels.  New kids aren't added either.

So anyway...  Looking for cute things to integrate and really missing my SmartBoard!!  I want to share this cute video:


Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to.   Or my cute shelf markers video...  Ugh. I haven't even had time to see what books I now have available.

I think I saw Mr. Wiggle's Library...   He'd be good to use with K-1 kids.



I own my copy of The Librarian from the Black Lagoon so I can still do that with 2nd grade.  The Shelf Elf will work for the 3rd Grade kids still...  I can do the "Library Survivor" game with the 4th and 5th graders to get them back into the swing of things. 

 


I'll try to get some pics -- it's starting to look like a library again.  Now I can't wait to start seeing the kids!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment