Thursday, August 15, 2013

My First Day

I survived my first day at my new school. I'm used to the workdays being 7:30-3:00, with a lunch break from 11-12.  There was no skipping lunch and leaving early, or going from 12-1 instead.  It was set in stone because it's what central office puts out and they were right next door.  So, I pull up to my new school at 7:20.  There was literally no one there.  At  7:30 another teacher showed up and she showed me where to sign in.  It's not in the front office, so I never would've found it!!  

Thank goodness the library was unlocked. I went in and began the search for the light switches, then got to work.  Let me show you what I got myself into here...


That's the nonfiction section....


This is the "easy" nonfiction section.  Yes, this library is oddly arranged...


The everybody section.....


Group reading/periodicals....


That's the back where the computers are, behind the nonfiction. 


My office which I couldn't get into at the time...  I don't have keys yet. 

As you can see, it's a wreck. And all those boxes everywhere are unopened, unprocessed brand new books which have been accumulating for the last 5 years.  And there is just soooooooo much junk to throw away!!   

I definitely have my work cut out for me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment